Saturday, June 7, 2008

I love my kids...

and this is why...

Alyssa-A couple of Sunday mornings ago, I put on a "new to me" dress. I actually bought is when we first got to Dallas. It was new at a consignment store. It is a cute pink flower summer dress. Anyways. I finally decided to wear it, back during out 2 days of warm weather a few weeks ago. I had it on and my normal orthopedic shoes. Ali told me I could not wear those shoes with a cute dress. She took her cute summer sandals off and had me wear them.

Katelyn-On Monday morning I was cleaning the house before I walked the kids to school. Kat walked into the bathroom and told me I had until 7:58 am to get the house shiny and be ready to walk out the door so she would not be late for school. (You might wonder if she is often late for school. The answer to that is NO. She has been late ONE day in the past 2 years!) After her 7:58 ultimatum, a few things went through my head...
1. Do I should like that when I ask her to do things?
2. How did I ever get my college degree without her bossing me around? And finally...
3. Will I get the house shiny by 7:58????? I sure hoped so!!

Luke-The other day the kids were having a conversation in the back of the van about swimming at the local rec center. They haven't been there yet and were excitedly planning their first trip. This rec center has big, tall water slides. Kat was about to ask me if I was going to go down the slides with them. Luke told her I couldn't go on them cause the last time I went down them I broke my knee saving his life. (Yes, I fractured my knee cap in two places that time. The slide we were going down at Seven Peaks had spit Luke and I out funny when he was on my lap. He was about 3 or 4. I knew he would hit the bottom on the pool if I didn't push him to the top and let myself hit the bottom.) He was quiet for a minute after that. Then he said he thought everyone was always having to save his life. Kat asked him who else saved his life. He said, "Some lady in Arizona saved me from choking." Funny, he makes it sound like some stranger. But, my good friend Amy did save his life when he was choking on a water bottle cap. I was in the shower at the time. Kids say the darnedest things in the back seat of the van!