Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Adding Insult to Injury

This morning, at 8 am, Luke had a cavity fixed and his lovely front tooth pulled. After an hour in the dental chair, I took him back to school. I am the room helper on Wednesday mornings, so I stayed in his room.

After about 15 minutes back at school, he had a little break down. Actually, it was probably mild shock. His teacher asked me if I wanted to give him an Advil because he kept saying it hurt. So, she got him an Advil and a cup to drink with.

This whole time, I am working with a group of 6 other students. The next thing I know, he is still crying and the whole front of his shirt is wet. When I asked him what the heck happened, he started crying for real.

"I couldn't keep the water in my mouth when I took the pill."

Poor baby. The good news is he is ok now and went back to have gym time.